Python is a popular programming language that is widely used for web development, data analysis, artificial intelligence, and scientific computing. It is easy to learn and has a large community of users, which means there is a lot of support available online if you have any questions.
Before you can start using Python, you need to install it on your computer. There are two main versions of Python that you can use: Python 2 and Python 3. Python 3 is the most recent version of the language, and it is recommended that you use it for all new development.
To install Python, follow these steps:
1) Go to the Python website and click the “Download” button.
2) On the download page, click the “Python 3.X.X” link to download the latest version of Python (replace “X” with the latest version number).
3) Once the download is complete, open the installer and follow the prompts to install Python.
You can see the detailed installation here for windows: How to install python on windows
Once Python is installed, you can start using it. There are several ways to run Python code:
1) Interactive interpreter: You can open the Python interactive interpreter by typing
python in your terminal or command prompt. This will allow you to enter Python commands and see their results immediately.
2) Scripts: You can also create Python scripts by saving your code in a file with an
.py extension. To run a script, type
python script.py in your terminal or command prompt, and replacing
script.py with the name of your script.
3) IDEs: There are also many integrated development environments (IDEs) that you can use to write and run Python code. Some popular IDEs for Python include PyCharm and IDLE.
Now that you have Python installed and running, let’s try a simple example. In Python, you can use the
print() function to output text to the screen.
Try entering the following code into the interactive interpreter or a script:
You should see the text “Hello, World!” printed on the screen. Congratulations, you’ve just written your first Python program!